Terence joined the Civil Service in 2016 after 15 years working for various startups and mobile phone companies.
As the Open Standards Lead for the Government Digital Service (GDS) it’s his team’s job to help the government select open standards and see them implemented everywhere.
He’ll tell us why Open Standards are amazing and how they can help transform government; making it more open while saving time, money, and lives.
Terence is part of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Advisory Committee, helping to set future standards for the web. He recently got four and half new Emoji into Unicode.
When is Teacamp?
- Time and date: 4pm – 6pm, 1st Thursday of every month
- Location: Mezzanine, Curzon Victoria, 58 Victoria street, London, SW1E 6QW
How does teacamp work?
If you want to come to teacamp, just turn up on the day, it is open to everyone. It is upstairs in the cafe, very informal and friendly. If you are coming for the first time or on your own, ask for James or Sarah and we will introduce you to some teacampers.
- 4.00 – 4.30pm: tea and cake
- 4.30 – 4.40pm: intros and plug your events, projects, etc
- 4.40 – 5.10pm: speakers slot
- 5.10 – 6.00pm: Q&A, group discussion
- 6.00pm: #beercamp in nearest pub