Hopefully you have all survived the May Storms and kept dry from all the Thunder, Lightening and torrential rain, and then of course GDPR came along.
It never rains but it pours…..
How many emails about GDPR did you get? I’m betting it was at least one or two, or three hundred or more……
If it was anything like me, it was inbox meltdown and literally shouting at my inbox and telling it to piss off whilst hitting the delete button furiously!
There were so many pointless emails sent out under the guise of GDPR, that folks were quite right in getting a tad bit confused by it all.
But have no fear, this month we are lucky to have Jacqui Taylor from FlyingBinary to talk to us about GDPR, and bust through all those annoying myths.
GDPR Is an opportunity!
In this months Teacamp talk, Jacqui will give you the backdrop to the new regulation mandated on 25th May 2018.
She will be mythbusting and cutting through the white noise around GDPR. With a focus on both National and Local government and what it means for you, sharing her experience in European based work since 2014.
Most of all she wants to answer your questions tweet her @jacquitaylorfb or chime in on the day. A session not to be missed from a European Security and Privacy expert.
Jacqui Taylor is the CEO and co-Founder FlyingBInary, one of the 100 most powerful UK entrepreneurs, she was awarded an Honorary Doctorate of Science recognising her international web science work.
She is/one of:-
- UK’s most influential Women in Tech
- 34 IoT Influencers on twitter
- 20 global entrepreneurs to watch
- UK Smart City leader 2018.
- Strategic Advisor to the UK Government on Smart Cities
- Cities lead on Digital Built Britain
- One of 16 International smart cities experts appointed to Chinese government
- UK Principle expert for Smart Cities and AI Internationally
Is GovTech 100 company and awarded all 9 G-Cloud frameworks
- 24 interoperable secured GDPR compliant services
- No reliance on Privacy shield
So tweet your GDPR questions to @jacquitaylorfb or chime in on the day. A Teacamp session not to be missed from a world class European Security and Privacy expert.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
When is Teacamp?
Time and date: 4pm – 6pm, 1st Thursday of every month
Location: Mezzanine, Curzon Victoria, 58 Victoria street, London, SW1E 6QW
How does teacamp work?
If you want to come to teacamp, just turn up on the day, it is open to everyone. It is upstairs in the cafe, very informal and friendly. If you are coming for the first time or on your own, ask for James or Sarah and we will introduce you to some teacampers.
- 4.00 – 4.30pm: tea and cake
- 4.30 – 4.40pm: intros and plug your events, projects, etc
- 4.40 – 5.10pm: speakers slot
- 5.10 – 6.00pm: Q&A, group discussion
- 6.00pm: #beercamp in nearest pub